"Count what is countable. Measure what is measureable. What is not measureable, make measureable." -- Galileo

Thursday, May 1, 2008

SIPRI Portal

One of the great things about my job has nothing to do with computers and the Internet--its the people I meet. Working in Sandia National Laboratories' Cooperative International Programs, as an IT guy I've been involved at least superficially with almost every project in the building (everybody needs a website or a database at one time or another). So...

I know a little bit about a lot of projects in our building. That makes me the perfect docent for tours in our 2000 sq ft Technology Demonstration and Display Area.

Today I was privileged to give a tour to Dr. Bates Gill, Director of SIPRI, the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute. Turns out their website is a Plone portal. They are going through a redesign process. If you're interested in providing a world-class NGO with some feedback on their site design (and giving them strokes for using Plone effectively), hop on over to their online survey and give them some feedback.

No comments: