"Count what is countable. Measure what is measureable. What is not measureable, make measureable." -- Galileo

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Mobile Plone

Despite the time difference (8 hours ) I was up last night following the LiveStream from the Plone Conference in Arnhem.  A tip o' the hat to the conference organizers for the high quality streaming video.  But I must warn you, putting beer in the conference swag bag is raising the bar pretty high for next year's conference. 

Besides the two live talks on geo-locating and digital cartography for Plone, I caught the slide deck from Paul Roeland's "Is that a Plone in your pocket?" presentation the day before.  That inspired me to look at how Plone.org is doing with regard to small platforms and, importantly,  truly mobile devices.  Google Analytics quickly supplied the answer:  mobile use at Plone.org has increased 545% since GA started tracking it back in Nov. 2009.  Let me repeat that with emphasis, 545%.  The graph below shows total monthly visits from mobile devices.


All I can say is, design for mobile.

No comments: