"Count what is countable. Measure what is measureable. What is not measureable, make measureable." -- Galileo

Thursday, December 13, 2007

OpenLogic Census

Without a doubt OS developers should be elated with the recent news item that the OpenLogic is attempting a global OS software census. Check it out and be sure to take part when the census opens early next year.

Meanwhile, I'm happy to report that Plone WorldKit, even in an alpha release, is working fine on a production machine. This weekend I'll try to get a couple other Plone GIS systems installed and running, but for now, the gauntlet has been thrown.

Finally, in my College of Santa Fe Computer-Math Science class--Analysis of Algorithms--I've begun exploring a Kalman Filter implementation that I may be able to use with Bullard's measures of effectiveness. Its based on a pre-publication copy of an article by Tom Arnold, but it looks feasible. Stay tuna'd...

No comments: